The main question many clients have when they walk into our studio is, will I turn ORANGE? It is unfortunate that they have experienced or someone they know has experienced the dreaded orange tan! Here is the low down, on why you turn orange from spray tanning.
Side Note: I don't know how celebrities can not know they look horrible..... and Jessica Simpson probably paid $200 for this!
1. Cheap Product: The cheaper the product the more likely you will turn orange. How do you know it is cheap? If a place is advertising their tans for $5 or even free, most likely you are going to get a $5 looking tan, simple as that. While it isn't always true the more you pay the better, at least when it comes to spray tanning, we've found this to be pretty accurate. I mean would you get a haircut for $1 or a $1 mani/pedi?
2. An unqualified airbrush technician: At Bronze515 we've personally bronzed over 600 clients. From light skin to dark skin tones we've seen it all. We will not let clients select their color we select it for you based on our knowledge and experience. We are well aware of our ingredients, FDA regulations, and post tips to ensure your airbrush tan lasts! We've been trained by leading experts in the industry and stay up-to-date with current happenings in the airbrush tanning industry.
3. Too dark of a color on too light of skin: At Bronze515 we custom match your airbrush tan to your skin tone. We aren't going to let a freckled red head do our darkest soluton, just isn't going to happen! We discuss options and evaluate your skin. We also
ask specific questions, like why are you getting a spray tan? Have you ever received an airbrush tan before? What makes you want to try an airbrush tan? ( Most of the time they've had a bad experience in a booth). Is it for an event or is it because you are longing to be tan in this dreaded Iowa Winter? Sometimes a client might want a little darker tan because they are headed to the Bahamas, perfect we can make that happen! Questions like these are important and also give us the opportunity to get to know our clients.
4. Do not use store bought self tanner. At Bronze515 we sell light and dark tanning extenders. They are our solution put into a lotion and let me tell you, they are AMAZING!! We recommend using these towards the end of your tan( when tan has almost faded but you aren't ready for it to fade!) and also in between spray tans. I recommend this product to clients maybe who can only get to Bronze515 once a month. This is a great alternative for some added color. You can purchase tanning extenders at our studio for $22.
5. This is where the client comes in: FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS! Not using the right skincare products after an airbrush tan can leave it looking brassy/orange even a few days after being bronzed. We highly recommend looking over our Instructions page on our website. Additionally, after leaving your appointment you are giving post tips!
Book your next airbrush session online @ Bronze515.com
15% Off Always for Melanoma Survivors & Active Military/Veterans
Be Bold. Be Beautiful. Be Bronze.